Friday, April 14, 2006

Full of sound and fury

Right now, as I'm sitting at my desk trying to work, I'm listening to three of my officemates (oh, we are legion, the students in office 423! No matter how many you strike down, more of us will rise!) uh, sorry...

Anyway, I'm listening to three of my officemates talk to each other. At the same time. As in, all three of them are speaking at least 70% of the time - how do they do it? Granted, they're using a language I don't know - perhaps this language typically has a large number of placeholder comments, where they could all be saying "uh" the whole time, and only one is actually using unique words? I have a hard enough time following conversations with one person talking at a time. I'm so curious.

Uh oh, I just heard the words "office space" in English. This can't be good.

No comments: