Friday, May 26, 2006

Better, and yet no change

Okay, okay, everyone stop fighting in the comments about what we should have done re: the stinker Rocco situation. An update:

It turned out that his crib mattress could go down one more level, about an inch, and that appears to be enough to keep him from standing for now. However, and I'm sure most people could have predicted this, he was not necessarily happy about the change.

Last night, he went to sleep easily, woke up at 4:30 to eat, went back to sleep easily after that, and then...

5:37, woke up for good. Cried. Pleaded, "Please, I've been so good, I smile at you and scream in happiness whenever you turn me upside down. Please, for the love of God, someone come play with me!" (Did I mention how verbally precocious he is? Not perfect grammar, but not bad for someone who still can't crawl like a normal human being.) When I finally got him at 6:30, he was sitting up in his crib, looking mightily pissed off that he wasn't standing. Can't win for losing.

We'll see what happens tonight, when DT and I are in there with him. Rocco's accusing looks should be even more powerful when there's someone there to receive them.

No comments: